Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
This week’s recipe comes from No. 2 Pencil. Okay, here’s the deal: I normally edit recipes I find on the internet, because they’re never exactly what I want. This time, no edits are needed. Here is my favorite shredded beef recipe, in all its glory, in honor of my friend Michelle who has requested it.
Why this recipe of the week?
- Easy (seriously, easier than anything I’ve posted before)
- Minimal ingredients
- Stuff you probably already have in your kitchen
- Kid friendly
- Versatile (put it in burritos, put it on rice, put it in tacos, put it in enchiladas, mix it with eggs….you get the point)
- 3 1/2 pounds of good quality boneless chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place boneless chuck roast in slow cooker and use seasoning to season on all sides.
- Cover and cook on low in slow cooker for 8-9 hours, or until meat is fork tender.
- Once meat is tender, shred in slow cooker and serve.
That’s it. Really, that’s it. You don’t need to cut up the meat into cubes, you don’t need to brown it, you don’t need to add liquid, nothing. Just mix your seasonings together, put them all over the meat, and put it in the slow cooker.